Celebrity Chef Mynhardt Joubert has shared with Mzansi Life his lime marinated chicken breast and cilantro salad paired with KWV’s Chenin for summertime. It is quick and easy to prepare, cost effective and uses seasonal ingredients. For extra flavour, Joubert suggests marinating the chicken a day in advance. You can also make this recipe your own by adding extra seasonal fruit.
With its fresh upfront palate and enduring finish, the modern-styled KWV Classic Chenin Blanc pairs really well with the fresh taste of the cilantro and the lime and served chilled it is an excellent partner for this dish.
Joubert’s recipe serves: 4 guests as a main or double up for a bigger gathering
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Easy to prepare
Ingredients for the chicken:
- 4 large flattened chicken breasts
- large handful of chopped fresh coriander
- Grated zest and juice of 5 limes
- 75 ml of olive oil
- 125 ml of orange juice
Ingredients for the salad:
- 200 g of asparagus
- 1 whole cucumber cut into spaghetti strips
- 1 small red cabbage sliced
- 300 g of fresh strawberries
- 3 limes cut in half
- 100 g of blueberries
- 100 g of pomegranates arils
- Mix all the ingredients for the chicken together and pour over the flattened chicken breasts. Marinate for about 10 minutes or over night for extra flavour.
- Using a griddle pan or hot pan roast the chicken breasts for about 3 to 4 minutes to a side and till well cooked through. Leave to cool.
- Heat up the left over marinating juices in a sauce pan and bring to the boil for about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool. Pour over the resting breasts.
- Blanch the asparagus by dropping them into boiling water for one minute and then into a bowl filled with iced water, remove from the water and drain well.
- Toss the cucumber and red cabbage together.
- Roast the limes and strawberries on the griddle pan until seared.
- Arrange the cucumber and cabbage at the bottom of the plate with the asparagus, roasted strawberries and limes over.
- Slice the chicken breasts into quarters and place over the salad. Drizzle the marinating liquid over the salad and garnish with the blueberries and pomegranates.
- Season with salt and pepper and extra splashes of olive oil.
- Serve with Chilled KWV Classic Collection Chenin Blanc.