Terms and conditions:
- No person under the age of 18 is allowed to enter the competition.
- By entering the Competition, you hereby warrant that all information submitted by you in your entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect. Mzansi Life reserves the right to verify any information contained in your Entry and/or your eligibility to enter the Competition.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is only open to persons who are resident in South Africa and persons who are resident outside of the South Africa may not apply.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, the Competition is open to persons of any age. Mzansi Life assumes that by entering into the Competition, the parents or guardians of any entrant that is aged under the age of 18 have consented to that person’s entry into the Competition and these Rules. Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity and if aged under 18, should be able to demonstrate to Mzansi Life’s satisfaction that their parent/ guardian has given their consent to such entry.
- Mzansi Life reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe that an entrant has breached any of the Rules, any applicable law (including copyright law) or has otherwise infringed the intellectual property of any other person. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that any failure to comply with the Rules could lead to Mzansi Life disqualifying that person, without Mzansi Life giving any reason for such disqualification or granting any opportunity for challenge.
- Any person that is: (a) an employee of any company involved in the Competition (including Mzansi Life); or (b) a family member of such employee, is not eligible to enter the Competition. Mzansi Life reserves the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for the Competition as a result of this Rule.
- In the event that a Prize-winner is disqualified from the Competition, Mzansi Life will, unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, select an alternative Prize-winner in the same manner as the original Prize-winner and such selection will be subject to the Rules.
- Entries must be made by the Closing Date and in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- There is no requirement to make any purchase in order to enter the Competition or access the website.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Competition Terms, only one Entry per person is permitted. In the event that Mzansi Life discovers or has reasonable grounds to believe that the same person has made multiple Entries, such person and any Entries made by them shall be disqualified and, if such Entrant has already been selected as a Prize-winner, an alternative Prize-winner will be selected.
- Unless otherwise set out in the Competition Terms, Mzansi Life accepts no responsibility for the return of any Entries.
- Prize-winners will be selected and notified in the manner set out in the Competition Terms. No prize will be awarded where any entrant has committed any form of misconduct (as determined by Mzansi Life in its sole discretion).
- Where Entries are judged on artistic or other subjective criteria, Mzansi Life reserves the right to set amend the criteria used to judge Entries.
- Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. In the event of a prize being unavailable for any reason Mzansi Life reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value at any time.
- Prizes must be accepted in the manner set out in the Prize Notification. In the event that any Prize Notification is returned as undeliverable or any Prize-winner fails to validly reply to a Prize Notification within 28 days, Mzansi Life reserves the right to disqualify the Prize-winner and select an alternative Prize-winner in accordance with Rule 10 above.
- Mzansi Life accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, injury (other than our liability for personal injury or death as a result of our negligence) or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the Competition, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- Mzansi Life accepts no responsibility for Entries lost, damaged or delayed in the post, or due to computer error in transit. Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
Intellectual Property Rights and Data Protection
- You agree that Mzansi Life (and any third party authorised by Mzansi Life) may use your Entry (whether or not it wins the Competition) for any promotional purpose. You confirm that your Entry is original that you own and have the right to license to Mzansi Life the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Entry for the purposes referred to in these Rules. You will retain ownership of copyright in your Entry but you give Mzansi Life (and any third party authorised by Mzansi Life) your irrevocable permission to use, reproduce, publish, display, transmit, copy, amend, store, sell and sub-licence your Entry worldwide for such promotional purposes and for the purposes of the Competition.
- Mzansi Life will use any personal information that you provide with your Entry for the purposes of the Competition and, where you have given your consent, for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used solely by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- The Rules and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including the Competition), existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law.
- The court of law shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Rules or their subject matter, existence, negotiation, validity, termination or enforceability (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
Readers (competition participants)’ protection of personal information
- Mzansi Life will not, under any circumstances, share any participants’ personal information with advertisers as we abide to the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act. The POPI legislation considers readers as (consumers)’ personal information to be “precious goods” and therefore aims to bestow upon them, as the owner of their personal information, certain rights of protection. POPI ensures that all South African institutions conduct themselves in a responsible manner when collecting, processing, storing and sharing consumers’ personal information by holding them accountable should they abuse or compromise consumers’ personal information in any way.