Van Der Linde Restaurant’s Executive Chef Amori Burger has added a number of new, lighter dishes to her latest lunch menu, designed for those with limited time and smaller appetites. According to Burger, many people have a short lunchtime break and want something that is quick and light. “So I have created a range of tartines – or open sandwiches – with a choice of toppings that will suit most palates.”
The tartines include:
- Fungi – toasted sourdough topped with king oyster mushrooms, enoki, sherry butter, confit garlic, Grana Padano cheese and toasted pine nuts
- Smoked Salmon – toasted seed loaf with Constansiaberg smoked salmon, a poached egg, and hollandaise sauce
- Filet de bœuf – toasted sourdough with rare roast beef fillet, horseradish sauce, dijon mustard, and sauerkraut
- Sardine – toasted ciabatta topped by a sardine wrapped in vine leaves with herb slaw, chimmichurri butter and pecorino cheese
- Ricotta & Veg – toasted seed loaf, lemon ricotta, roast carrot and tomato, and pumpkin romesco
- Steak Tartare – toasted sourdough with beef fillet, bone marrow, caper, red onion, cornichon, parsley and egg yolk
Burger has also added a range of salads to the lunch menu – perfect for those watching their waistline. These include aBrown Rice Salad, consisting of brown rice, beetroot, roast pumpkin, almond, danish feta, orange vinaigrette; a Potato and Chourizo Salad, with baby potatoes, basil, hazelnut, cornichon, chourizo and a creamy dressing and a vegan friendly VDL Salad, which comes with gem lettuce, broccolini, beans, celery, fennel, cabbage, herb mix, and lemon vinaigrette.
Van Der Linde’s hugely popular Caesar Salad – cos lettuce, anchovy toast, bacon, white anchovy, walnut, Grana Padano and anchovy dressing (chicken breast an optional extra) is still on the menu, as are the burgers (including the Vegan Burger, a blackbean and chickpea patty, served with chermoula, vegan aioli, herb mix and gem lettuce) and the larger dishes for those with more time and bigger appetites.
Van Der Linde is located at 50, 4th Avenue Linden and is open from 07:00 to 22:00, Tuesdays to Saturdays and on Sundays and Mondays from 07:00 to 15:00. To book, call 010 594 5443.