Nutritional Chef and Owner of Fresh Earth Bake House and Fresh Earth Food Store, Matthew Ballenden, shared with Mzansi Life a delicious roast pumpkin soup recipe for winter.
- 3 kg Pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 6 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Garlic, chopped
- 6 Medium/large leeks, finely sliced
- 3 Red Chillies, finely chopped once seeds removed
- 1 ½ lt Veg Stock
- 600 ml Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp. Sea Salt
- Fresh Coriander Leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Spread the Pumpkin on a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
- Add the Olive Oil to the pan and heat.
- Add the Garlic and Leeks and sauté for 5 minutes or until the Leeks are soft and transparent.
- Add the roasted Pumpkin, Chilli and Veg stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blend until smooth.
- If desired add more Vegetable stock to thin the soup down
- Once blended stir in the coconut milk.
- Serve with fresh Coriander
This is one of the easy recipes you can prepare.