South Africa’s top chef Chantel Dartnall is going to Italy this week to cook with some of the top chefs in the world after being named Chef of the Year at the 2015 annual Eat Out Restaurant Awards.
As part of her prize and sponsored by S.Pellegrino, Dartnall will take part in the Audi Chef’s Cup Südtirol from January 18 to 23. This annual event held in Alta Badia brings together 70 renowned chefs from Italy and the world’s best restaurants to cook, share ideas and compete in various events.
On January 19, Dartnall will cook dinner together with a number of Michelin starred chefs (stars in brackets) including:
• Alfio Ghezzi – Locanda Margon, Trento
• André Jaeger – Ristorante Die Fischerzunft, Schaffhausen (Switzerland)
• Claudio Sadler – Ristorante Sadler, Milano (Milan)
• Enrico Cerea – Ristorante Da Vittorio, Brusaporto (Bergamo)
• Gennaro Esposito – Ristorante Torre del Saracino, Vico Equense (Naples)
• Martin Dalsass – Ristorante Talvo by Dalsass, St. Moritz (Switzerland)
• Nino Graziano – Ristorante Semifreddo – Mulinazzo, Moscow (Russia)
• Tomaz Kavcic – Ristorante Pri Lojzetu, Vipava (Slovenia)
The dish that she will be preparing for the event is called Treasures on the Beach which includes scampi tails and rooibos in a tomato risotto.