Cape Town is still the leading destination and Africa’s leading cruise port – this was confirmed recently at the World Travel Awards 2014.
“We are very grateful to all of the tourism operators who have been recognised for their hard work, impeccable standards and commitment to their customers,” said Enver Duminy, CEO of Cape Town Tourism CEO.
“It is through their determination – as well as that of so many others who have not been given awards yet – that Cape Town remains top of mind.”
A host of Cape Town hotels and services were also acknowledged for their contribution to tourism on the continent:
- Africa’s Leading City Hotel: Pepperclub Hotel & Spa
- Africa’s Leading Conference Hotel: Radisson Blu Hotel Waterfront
- Africa’s Leading Hotel Brand: Hilton Hotels & Resorts
- Africa’s Leading Hotel Residences: Cape Royale Luxury Hotel & Spa
- Africa’s Leading Luxury Villa: Ellerman House Villa One
- Africa’s Leading Tourist Attraction: Table Mountain
- 2014 Africa’s Leading Safari Company: Rhino Africa Safaris
- Africa’s Leading Travel Management Company and 2014 Africa’s Leading Online Travel Portal: Travel with Flair
The World Travel Awards are held annually to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all sectors of the global travel and tourism industry.