This is one of the easiest pastas to make and without doubt – truly delicious.Park Caféalso serves the sauce on ciabatta toast for a decadent breakfast.
– 75g Sliced Exotic mushrooms (mix of seasonal mushrooms)
– 4 spring onions finely chopped
– ½ Chilli finely chopped
– 1 cup good quality vegetable stock
– 1 x cup Fresh Cream
– 40 g Parmesan grated
– 125 g Fresh Tagliatelle
– Cook Pasta according to packet directions
– Fry the mushrooms, spring onions and chilli in a large pan over a high heat until golden
– Add vegetable stock and allow to simmer for a couple of minutes
– Add cream and allow to cook until slightly thickened
– When pasta cooked drain and add to pasta sauce tossing to ensure pasta properly covered
– Put on plate, season with salt and pepper
– Top generously with grated parmesan
– Serve with torn Italian bread.
About Park Café
Park Café is a lovely little café in Parkwood, Johannesburg. A popular day time spot filled with ladies-who-lunch, journalists and gallerists – it is well known for its coffee, delicious breakfasts, freshly prepared light lunches and magnificent Belle Epoque coffee machine.
The café is owned and run by sisters Vicky Ross and Lexi Reckling who also own the adjacent Polish Nail Spa. Filled with a host of happy regulars who return day after day, the café is an easy place to have a quick cup of coffee or linger over an indulgent lunch.
This is one of the easy recipes you can prepare.